Tuesday, December 17, 2013

I Swear I Haven't Forgotten You

Hi Chocolate Fans!

This isn't a real post. This is just a quick note to tell you I desperately want to write a real post. I've got a solid dozen in my head right now. The issue is that I decided to start a new blog in the middle of the Christmas season, with 2 small children, while prepping for a move.

Why yes I do have a superb sense of timing. *head desk*

So I love you. There is more coming, I promise. Its just right now I can blog or sleep and I'm only getting about 5 hours of broken sleep night thanks to The Girl Child, so, please, forgive me.

Random side note - I wouldn't mind running a small bakery type something. Just like out of my home on the side. I have no desire to be a full time professional baker and make 5 million little pastry somethings and get up in the wee hours to make bread. But I could have fun doing it as a side gig. Maybe seasonally? Right now I make an amazing loaf of french bread (so insanely easy. I'll share sometime I promise). I've nailed 3 different varieties of chocolate cake. I also make a couple other crazy good cakes. My chocolate chip cookies are amazing. I just mastered sugar cookies (Yes its a sugar cookie actually worth eating). I've got several others as well but there are a few things I need to work on (like cake decorating).

Yes I'm very humble. But I am a serious baked goods snob. I come from a line of truly amazing cooks and I've realized I'm incredibly spoiled in this area. It has to be worth the calories or I just won't eat it. I can count the number of times I've had cake from a pro bakery that I felt was worth the calories and I would eat it again, on my fingers. And I have rave reviews from my tasters and I've lost count of the number of times I've been told I could sell my food. Or been begged for the recipe. So I've decided its not just me and its important to recognize your talents. So I just say it like it is.

So yeah. It would be so fun but I wouldn't want to do it full time or I think it would cease to be fun. Ya know?

Anyway I need to get to bed before The Girl Child wakes again. But I will be back. I promise.




1 comment:

  1. Not fair. Telling about baking wonderful things and moving all at the same time. The baking sounds very yummy.

    ReplyDelete